Did you forget or lose your Ecobank account number? If that’s the case, then have no fear because in this guide you’ll learn how to check your Ecobank account number without stress.
It is no sin to forget one’s bank account number, especially if you have several bank accounts. Although it’s just 10 digits, if you’re not too good with figures you might find it difficult to keep it in your head.
By the way, it’s important to keep it in your head. That’s if you don’t want to miss out from a quick transfer.
Those very important 10 digit numbers must be at your fingertips. You wouldn’t want to keep running helter skelter next time someone demands for you bank details.
Check Ecobank account number via SMS
- To check Ecobank account number via SMS, send NUBAN to 08063262265. You must send this message from a phone number linked to your Ecobank account.
- After that wait for a few seconds to receive a message showing your 10-digit Ecobank NUBAN account number.
How to know your Ecobank account number using code
To be able to check for your account number using code, the phone number linked to your Ecobank account must be available.
After dialing the above code, follow the instructions you find on the screen to get started.
- After successfully registering for Mobile banking, dial *326*0# to reveal your account balance and your account number at the same time.
- If you’re from another country, dial the code equivalent to your country and click on check account balance. The result should display your account number also.
Take note: using the service above attracts a fee of 20 naira only.
How to check your Ecobank account number online
Another way to know your account number is by having a live chat with a customer care representative.
Read this: How to contact Ecobank customer care online.
On the live chat portal, make sure you select an option related to your issue and wait for a few minutes till a representative attends to you.
You’ll be asked to provide the following information:
- Your full name
- Phone number with which you opened your account
- Next of kin
- Date of Birth
- The bank branch you registered in
- Your home address
Visit an Ecobank branch near you
Last but not least, you can visit an Ecobank branch near you to speak with a customer care representative face to face. Just feel free and tell the person “I forgot my Ecobank account number”.
Information you’ll be required to provide is similar to that of the online chat. You may need to provide your full name, phone number, Next of Kin, Date of Birth, Home Address, etc.
Aside from that, the customer care representative will ask you few questions just to confirm you’re actually the owner of the account.