In this guide you’ll find out the code for checking Sterling account balance on your mobile phone.
You don’t need to visit the bank, ATM or download the mobile app just for the sake of checking your account balance.
The queue in banks and ATM service points can sometimes lead to unnecessary waste of your precious time. In fact, why do you have to go to those places when you could just dial a simple code on your mobile phone?
But there are a few things you need to know before you can use this guide.
First, you need to register for Sterling USSD banking. To do that, dial *822*1*NUBAN# and follow the instructions you see. You must dial this code using the phone number linked to your bank account.
How to check Sterling Bank account balance using phone?
- To check your Sterling bank account balance, dial *822*6# or dial *822# and then 6 when the network shows you a list of options.
- Next, enter the last 4 digits of your mastercard number or your USSD banking PIN to confirm your request.
After following the steps above, you’ll receive a message Sterling bank – on your alert line – notifying you of your account balance.
Charges & Limits
The use of Sterling bank account balance code attracts a fee of 10.05 naira only. And there’s no limit to the number of times you can access your balance, in as much as you have enough money in your account to pay for charges.
What you should know about Sterling bank account balance code
- It works on all mobile device types (android, iOS, Blackberry, or Java), so long as it supports USSD operations.
- You can use the code at any time of the day, including weekends and public holidays.
- The above USSD code doesn’t need any internet connection; however, you must dial it at a time when the network signal is strong enough. Furthermore, it works on all network types (MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9Mobile).
See image below to learn how to perform several other transactions:
- Sterling Bank Recharge Code: How to load airtime for yourself and others.
- How to download and register Sterling Bank mobile application.
- Sterling Bank transfer code: How to send money to any bank account in Nigeria
- Heritage Bank recharge code: send money using your phone.
- Zenith Bank recharge code: How to load airtime from your account.
- List of all the CBN-approved banks in Nigeria