JAMB registration is ongoing, and as usual people make mistakes in their profile name. In this guide you’ll learn how to correct mistakes in your JAMB profile name spelling or arrangement.
JAMB organises Nigeria’s biggest entrance examination. Every year millions of students register to participate in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) or the Direct Entry exams (DE).
In our previous guide, we explained the steps involved in registering JAMB profile.
However, mistakes are inevitable. We know several individuals will end up making mistake either in the spelling or arrangement of their name.
First of all you need to remember that the correct format for arranging your name is: Surname First name Middle Name. For example, Dele Aishat Amaka. That is, if your surname is Dele, your first name is Aishat and your middle name is Dele.
Now that you know the correct arrangement, I believe you won’t make another mistake this time around.
How to correct mistakes in JAMB profile name
- On the phone number with which you registered JAMB, send CORRECT Surname First-Name Middle-Name to 55019 as a text message.
- Wait for a few minutes to receive a notification from JAMB confirming your correction.
Points to note:
- Using this service may attract some charges, depending on your network provider.
- You don’t have to send that message multiple times; only one message would do.
- You cannot register another profile using the same phone number, therefore the best way around mistakes is to correct them.
- How to retrieve your lost or forgotten JAMB profile code
- Where and how to buy JAMB e-PIN
- JAMB examination and Mock examination date and time table
We hope our guide has proved helpful enough. If you have further questions, make use of the comment section below, and we’ll try as much as possible to respond quickly.