Want to know the courses offered at the Nigeran Defence Academy, Kaduna? Keep reading to find out not just the academic programmes, but also the requirements for admission into the NDA.
The Nigerian Defence Academy, (NDA), Kaduna, Nigeria, is a leading military and educational institution in Nigeria. It is right there the future Nigerian Airforce, Army and Naval officers are bred.
The institution was established in January 1964 and has since then grown in size and strength.
All officers are subjected to a compulsory four-year academic training, after which they’ll obtain a degree in their course of study. However, after the four years of academic training, officers go for 1-year military training.
Courses offered in the Nigeria Defence Academy (NDA)
According to JAMB Brochure, NDA contains a total of 17 courses. They are:
- Biological Sciences
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Cyber Security
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Political Science And Defence Studies
- Transport And Logistics Management
What are the requirements?
Generally, applicants must have acquired O’level results with at least 5 credit passes. Importantly, the credit pass must include English Language, along with four other subjects, depending on the courses you applied for.
For specific requirements and subject combinations for the courses above, I recommend you visit JAMB Brochure PDF download.
Aside from the academic requirements, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must not be younger than 17 years old or older than 21 years old at the time of entry into the Academy. Air Force candidates, however, must be between the ages of 17 and 18 at entry.
- Male applicants must be at least 1.68 metres tall while female must stand at a height not less than 1.50 metres.
- Must be medically and physically fit.
- Applicants must be unmarried and without legal obligation to support any child or individual.