In this guide you’ll learn how to create JAMB profile for the 2019 UTME and DE registration.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB), is the body in charge of conducting one of the most important examinations in Nigeria.
Generally, students enrol either as Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) candidates or as Direct Entry (DE) candidates. Either way, you must start by creating your profile using any of the methods we’ll be sharing in a few lines.
It is after you have created your profile you’ll receive the profile confirmation code or profile code, as some people prefer to call it.
Without the profile confirmation code or Profile code, you cannot purchase the ePIN, which you very much need to continue your registration.
Pay attention >> How to register for JAMB 2019 without mistake
There are basically 3 ways to create your JAMB profile and receive your confirmation code. We’ll share all three with you, and it’ll be left for you to decide which one to follow.
How to create JAMB profile by SMS
- Send your full name to 55019. The name must be in the order: Surname First Name and/or Middle-Name. e.g if your name is Adamu Philip Eze, then send Adamu Philip Eze to 55019.
- Wait a few minutes, and JAMB would afterwards send you a Profile Code containing 10 characters.
Make sure you don’t make any mistakes in the spelling or arrangement of your name. If you’ve already made some mistakes, then you need to read how to correct mistakes in JAMB profile name spelling or arrangement.
How to create JAMB profile online
Step #1: Visit the JAMB official login page using this link.
Step #2: Click on create an account.
Step #3: Fill the eMail Verification Form and click on Verify eMail.
Step #4: login to your email servers and click on the verification link
Step #5: Complete your profile registration on the JAMB portal. You will be required to enter your full name, date of birth, etc.
After that, you’ll receive an email containing your confirmation code. Visit any bank or CBT with that code to complete your registration. Do not try to complete the registration by yourself or at a cyber cafe.
How to create JAMB profile using the mobile app
Step #2: Open the app and click on the signup button.
Step #3: Enter your email address and phone number and click on confirm email.
Step #4: Visit your email and click on the confirmation link JAMB sent to you. With that, you’ll be redirected back to the portal.
Step #5: Complete your profile by entering your full name, date of birth, security questions, etc. After that, click on register.
After completing the above steps, you’ll receive a profile code straight to your email address. Also, you can notice it whenever you login to your portal.
Points to note:
- Do not create more than one profile on JAMB. It is considered illegal and can lead to disqualification.
- Make sure you keep the phone number you used in creating your profile safe, because it is with that phone number you’ll receive updates.
- You must also note down your profile code, so as to have a smooth registration. Without the profile code, you’ll not be able to purchase the ePIN. In the event that you forget your profile code, read how how to retrieve it back here.