DSTV Now app is one of the most important apps all DSTV subscribers must install on their device. Right here we’ll show you how to download DSTV Now app for android or iOS, and how to register in order to be able to stream and download movies at no additional cost.
Needless to say, DSTV dominates the Nigerian Cable TV industry. It commands thousands of customers nationwide.
However, not too many people are enjoying what they are paying for to its fullest.
The DSTV Now app is one of the services many customers are repeatedly failing to take advantage of.
After reading this guide you’ll discover how to download the app. Above all, you’ll discover the awesome features that come with it.
How to Download DSTV Now App for Android / iOS
All you have to do is visit your app store and search for the keyword “DSTV Now”.
Alternatively, use the links below for your respective app store:
- For Android OS: Click here to download DSTV now on Google Play
- For iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod): Click here to get it on Apple Store.
After downloading the app, wait for it to install on your device. After completing the download and installation of the app, you can begin to enjoy all the benefits that come with it.
Benefits of installing The DSTV now app:
- Live stream selected TV channels at using your regular subscription, all at no extra cost.
- Download movies, TV shows, programs, sports for offline use any time and any day.
- Easy access to your TV guide to view all upcoming programmes
- Keep track of your recently and most viewed channels
- Manage important features on your decoder like parental guide, PIN controlled access, etc.
- Rewatched missed shows by taking advantage of DSTV catch up, which is available on the app. However, you must be subscribed to the premium package to be able to enjoy catch up.
- DStv Now offers over 60 DStv channels that can be streamed live, including Africa Magic, 1Magic and the SuperSport channels online.
- DStv Now also features several Kids channels where you children can enjoy several movies and shows.
Note: to enjoy the streaming option, you device must have an active data subscription or wifi connection.
How to link your Smartcard to your device on the DStv now app:
Simply downloading and installing the app isn’t enough. To be able to enjoy all the benefits that come with it, you must first of all create an account on the app.
To do that:
- Launch the app and click on the “Register” link below the login window.
- Next, select your country, enter your smartcard number and click Next.
- Enter the OTP sent to the mobile phone number associated with your DSTV account.
- Enter the email and password you want associated to the app and press next.
- Finally, login to your account to confirm it was successfully created.
You can repeat this process and link a maximum of 4 devices on the DSTV Now app.
How to stream / download programmes for free on DSTV Now
- First, you must login to the app using the credentials you created while linking it to your decoder smartcard.
- After that, a list of your recently watched channels and upcoming programmes will be displayed on the app screen.
- Select any of the programmes, after which you’ll have the option to either stream or download for offline use.
Note: Only customers who subscribed to DSTV premium can enjoy some of the benefits associated with the app.