This article talks about the departments/courses offered at Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike, popularly known referred to as FUNAI.
Established in 2011 by the Goodluck Jonathan regime, the University it is among the youngest Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Surprisingly, the institution offers nearly 60 courses as of when we published this post. This figure is much higher than several other universities founded around the same time with it.
If you are interested in studying at Alex Ekwueme University, then it is very important to know the courses you can apply for.
For the sake of easy understanding, we have grouped the key ones in their respective faculties.
Here are the courses offered at Alex Ekwueme University (FUNAI) for JAMB 2020
- Agricultural science and education
- Applied geophysics
- Banking and finance
- Business administration
- Business education
- Chemical engineering:
- Christian religious studies
- Civil engineering
- Computer science
- Criminology and security studies
- Education and biology
- Education and chemistry:
- Education and english and literary studies
- Education and mathematics
- Education and physics
- Educational management
- Electrical/electronics engineering
- English language
- Environmental management and toxicology
- Estate management
- Fine arts/fine and applied arts
- Fisheries and aquaculture:
- Geology and geophysics
- Guidance and counselling
- Islamic studies
- Library and information science
- Mass communication
- Mechanical engineering
- Mechatronics engineering
- Medicine and surgery
- Molecular biology
- Nigerian languages
- Petroleum engineering
- Physical and health education
- Political science
- Quantity surveying
- Religious studies
- Surveying and geoinformatics
- Visual and applied arts
Requirements for FUNAI Admission
For you to be considered for admission to study at the Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike, you must meet up certain requirements, depending on the course you applied for.
For example, a person who wants to study Electrical Electronics Engineering will not have the same requirements as a person who wishes to Microbiology. Similarly, a person who wants to study Mechanical Engineering will not have exactly the requirements for studying Geology.
UTME cutoff marks & general requirements
UTME Admission to 100 Level (UME) include:
- Obtain five (5) credit passes at SSCE (or equivalent) in relevant subjects at not more than two sittings; and
- Get an acceptable score in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in relevant subjects.
Direct Entry (DE) requirements
For admission through direct entry, candidates should,
- Obtain five SSCE credit passes as in relevant subjcts
- obtain at least two A’ level (or its equivalent) passes in relevant subjects or possess NCE or OND with credit passes or possess a good first degree in another field as the case may be.
As for specific requirements for the various courses, we advise you to use the JAMB online brochure.
More on the FUNAI Faculties
Below we have grouped the courses offered at FUNAI into their respective faculties. Take note that some of the courses listed above may not appear in the grouping. Therefore, it is important to scan through the master list above.
Faculty of Agriculture:
Under the Faculty of Agriculture, you find the following: Agriculture Economics, Agribusiness, Animal Science, Crop Science, Horticulture, and Soil Science. The institution promises to introduce other courses in due course.
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences:
The Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, FBMS, Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo (FUNAI) was one of the three faculties established at the inception of the University on 3rd November 2011.
According to the official website, it contains the following programmes:
- Anatomy (B.Sc Anatomy and MBBS programme
- Medical Biochemistry (B.Sc Medical Biochemistry and MBBS programme)
- Physiology (B.Sc Physiology and MBBS)
Faculty of Education
It was established in 2016, and had the following inaugural programmes:
- B. (Ed) Mathematics Education
- B.Sc. (Ed) Biology Education
- BA (Ed) English and Literary Studies
- B.Ed. Business Education
- B.Sc. (Ed) Physical and Health Education
- B.Sc. (Ed) Physics Education
- B.Sc. (Ed) Chemistry Education.
Faculty of Engineering and Technology
This is the fourth Faculty established in the Federal University Ndfuu-Alike Ikwo, Nigeria. It contains the following Engineering courses:
- Mechatronic Eng, B.Eng.
- Mechanical Engineering, B.Eng.
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering, B.Eng.
- Petroleum Engineering, B.Eng.
- Chemical Engineering, B.Eng.
- Civil Engineering, B.Eng
- Computer Engineering, B.Eng
Faculty of Humanities
Established at the inception of the University, it was called Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences until 2016 when Faculty of Management and Social Sciences was carved out from it.
It started with the following departments:
- Fine And Applied Arts/Music
- History And Strategic Studies
- Language/Linguistics/Literary Studies/Theatre Arts
Hopefully, more will emerge as time goes on.
Faculty of Management & Social Sciences:
The Faculty of Management and Social Sciences is the largest Faculty at AE-FUNAI. It contains the following courses:
- Business Administration
- Banking and Finance
- Development Studies
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
- Criminology and Security Studies
Faculty of Science
The sciences courses offered in FUNAI are:
- Molecular Biology
- Computer Science
While we strive hard to keep the information on this page up to date, again, we advise you to check your JAMB brochure for the recent changes. The reason is, new courses emerge every year, and the brochure reflects such changes much faster.