GTBank transfer code simplifies the stress involved in sending money from your account to other accounts. In this guide you’ll learn how to transfer money from GTBank to GTbank or from GTbank to another bank using *737# magic code.
Guaranteed Trust Bank, popularly referred to as GTBank or simply GTB was one of the very first banks in Nigeria to embrace the usage of USSD codes to perform transactions involving funds transfer, airtime recharge, checking of account balance, among others.
As previously insinuated, in terms of embracing digital trends, GTB is a pacesetter among other banks. It was one of the very first banks to adopt mobile banking and usage of USSD codes to perform several transactions you’d have had to visit an ATM centers or one of its branches to get done.
Almost all the transactions above are performed by GTB’s magic code *737#.
Knowing the magic code is one thing, knowing how to use it is another thing. Even prior to now you had no knowledge about funds transfer with *737#, then this guide will take you through all the steps involved.
But before using the magic USSD code, one of your SIMs must be linked to your bank account, for it is with that SIM you’ll have to dial the code. And you must have created a magic banking PIN. That PIN must be private to you alone, to avoid fraudulent transactions.
Transfer Code from GTBank to GTBank
- To transfer money from your GTBank account to another GTBank account using your phone, all you need to do is dial *737*1*Amount*NUBAN Account Number#.
- Verify the names of your recipient and dial 1 to proceed.
- Enter your PIN or the last 4 digit of your ATM card to confirm
For instance, if you’re interested in sending ₦10,000 to 0012******, then you have to dial *737*1*10000*0012*******#.
Transfer code from GTBank to Other Banks
- Using the line you have registered with GTBank, dial *737*2*Amount*NUBAN Account Number#.
- Select your recipient’s bank and press “Next”.
- Verify the full name of your recipient and press ‘next’.
- Verify your transaction by entering the last 4 digit of your mastercard number or your 737 code.
After following the above steps, you will receive a message confirming your transaction (debit alert).
Limits and charges using GTB transfer codes
By default everyone is limited to transfer a maximum of ₦200,000 while using the *737# GTB magic code. However, you could apply for a token from your nearest Guaranteed Trust Bank branch.
The code is really fast and comes in handy at any time of the day. If you don’t want to use codes, another option would be to download GTB mobile banking app or visit the internet banking portal.
That’s all about GTBank money transfer codes.
Check out our other guides on GTB: