Have you seen a YouTube video that you like and want to download but you don’t know how to go about it? Don’t worry; we are going to help you overcome that hitch. In this article, we will be teaching you how to download YouTube videos on your phone.
Our method is applicable to users of both iphones and Andriods. In other words, once you are done reading this tutorial, you will be able to download YouTube videos using your iphone or andriod.
In our previous guide, we showed you how to download youtube videos using your PC. We also showed you how to download YouTube videos using “ss”.
YouTube is one of the best apps for watching and sharing videos. However, there are some restrictions when you want to download those videos.
So what if you want to download Youtube videos on your phone, what will you do? Keep reading to find out.
How to download Youtube video on phone
There are different methods used in downloading a youtube video on a phone. However, the method below is like the easiest method to use — You don’t need to download any app or whatever. It is just a straightforward method.
Are you aware that you can actually download a youtube video with just the two letters “ss”?
Downloading Youtube Videos with phone
- Copy the link of the video you wish to download.
- Visit savefrom.net on your mobile web browser.
- Paste the link in the space for “enter the URL” and click on the arrow on the right side.
- Select the video format/quality you want.
Take note: If the video starts playing automatically instead of downloading, long-press the screen and click on download.
How to download Video on phone using “ss”
Go to your browser and search for the video you wish to download using the YouTube search engine. Click on the video to play it and then pause it. Then click on share.
- When you click on share, you will see and option to copy link.
2. Click on ‘Copy link’ and paste on a new tab on your browser.
3. Click on the link and play the video for some split seconds after which you can pause the video and click on the link at the top of the video.
4. It is on the video URL you will add “ss” before the “youtube.com…”
Note that this second link is longer than the previous link you copied from the Youtube app. It is this long link that you will add “ss” to).
5. After adding “ss” you will be redirected to another page where you will save the video. This page is the parent website of ssyoutube.com, known as savefrom.net.
6. On the right side of the green Download icon, there is a drop-down menu. Click on it and select the format in which you want to download the video.
5. Click on the arrow pointing downwards in the green box to download the video.
How to download YouTube videos on phone using an App
For Android phones, there are no official mobile Apps you can use to download YouTube videos.
This is because of YouTube copyright policies.
For the records, you are not supposed to download a youtube video that is not yours because there are copyright laws guiding those videos.
However, for editorial purposes, and provided fair usage policies are observed, people bypass those laws and download youtube videos they need to work with.
So if you plan on misusing the videos, please don’t download.
We hope this article on how to download youtube videos on mobile was helpful.
For other methods of downloading videos from YouTube, see our post, Best way to download high-quality Youtube Videos