Nigeria confirmed its first coronavirus case on Thursday in Africa’s most populous city. As such, citizens must now place a maximum priority on sanity and personal hygiene.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has shared several resources, including infographics and videos to help people stay safe and avoid getting infected.
Meanwhile, while briefing newsmen, the Honourable Minister of Health, Dr E. Osagie Ehanire, revealed that there are measures in place to identify all the people who came in contact with the Italian National diagnosed with the disease.
Ways to protect yourself from coronavirus:
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and water, and use alcohol-based hand sanitisers.
- Maintain at least 1 & half metres (5 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Persons with persistent cough or sneezing should stay home or keep a social distance, but not mix in crowd.
- Make sure you and the people around you maintain good respiratory hygiene. In other words, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or into your sleeve at the bent elbow when you cough or sneeze. Thereafter, dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Stay home if you feel unwell with symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing. Please call NCDC toll free number which is available day and night, for guidance- 0800-970000-10. Do not engage in self-medication
- Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19 through official channels on TV and Radio, including the Lagos State Ministry of Health, NCDC and Federal Ministry of Health.
Helpful coronavirus infographics
The following infographics are properties of the WHO and have not been modified in any way. You can download and reshare them with your family and friends without changing anything.