In this guide you’ll learn how to transfer credit on Airtel Nigeria in very easy-to-follow steps.
Airtel is an Indian-owned telecommunication company which commands a large number of customers in Africa’s largest country.
So as to meet the needs of its numerous Nigerian customers, Airtel launched the ME2U feature.
In summary, ME2U allows all subscribers on the network to share their credit (airtime) with family and friends — using a simple code.
Airtel airtime (credit) transfer code
The USSD code used for transferring credit on Airtel is *432#
However, to be able and qualified to use this service, there are a few criteria — which we shall be discussing right here.
- First, your credit balance must be greater or up to the minimum balance you wish to transfer to your friend. You can verify you current balance by dialing *
- You are permitted to transfer credit to fellow Airtel subscribers only. In other words, transfer of credit to MTN, Glo or 9mobile from your Airtel line is not permitted.
- Finally, you must activate the ME2U service.
By default, all Airtel lines come with 1234 as their transfer PIN. And this must be changed.
Reason is, you are not permitted to use the default 1234 PIN to make transaction.
Activating your transfer PIN on Airtel is not so complicated. It can be done either by SMS or on the Airtel toolkit.
I prefer the SMS method, since it is by far easier.
To change your Airtel ME2U PIN using SMS:
send a message like this — PIN 1234 New PIN — to 432. That is, if you want to change from the default 1234 PIN to let’s say… 2314, then send the message —
PIN 1234 2314 — to 432.
Alternatively, to change your PIN on Airtel toolkit:
- Visit Airtel menu on your device
- Press ‘Airtel services’
- Press ‘Me 2 U’
- Select ‘Change PIN‘
- Enter default pin 1234
- Choose a new PIN and save changes.
Now that you have a new PIN, let’s go on…
How to transfer credit on Airtel lines
- Dial *432# on the phone you wish to send from.
- Select transfer airtime.
- Enter number of the person you’re transferring credit to
- Enter your PIN;
- Confirm your transaction by replying with one!
Alternatively, to transfer credit on Airtel using SMS: Send the a message containing 2u [Phone Number] [Amount] [PIN] to 432.
That is, if you wish to transfer ₦500 to 08012345678 — and your PIN is 2314 — then send the message
2u 08012345678 500 2314 to 432.
Points to note
Now that you know how to transfer credit on Airtel, I want to make one thing explicitly clear. ME2U transactions are irreversible, therefore you must be extremely careful with your transactions.
Check to make sure the number is correct before initiating and confirming transactions.
In addition, if somehow along the line you forget your ME2U PIN, you can always call Airtel customer care number using 111.
- 9Mobile data plan – Bundles, Subscription codes & Price List
- Glo Data plan: Bundles, Price List & Subscription Codes
- MTN Data Plan – Subscription Codes & Price List
- Airtel data plan — Latest: Subscription codes & Price List