MTN call divert is a feature is accessible to all prepaid and postpaid subscribers on the network. This guide will show you how call divert works on MTN and the code for activating or deactivating it.
How does MTN Call divert work?
This service allows you to divert your incoming calls to another phone number, either mobile or fixed, or to your voicemail; however, you are not allowed to forward calls to international numbers. In other words, the destination phone number must be located within your home country.
Call Divert is useful when your line is busy, unreachable or you are not answering.
From my experience, not too many people use it in Nigeria. And I believe the reason to that is because they simply don’t know how to set it up.
We are certain that after you finish reading this guide you’ll be able to activate or deactivate any call divert option on your MTN line.
MTN Call divert codes
Divert calls to another phone number whenever your line is busy:
- To activate, dial **67*destination mobile number*11#. For example, **67*2348012345678*11#.
- To deactivate, dial ##67#
- To check your status for the above option, dial *#67#
Divert calls to another phone number whenever your line is unreachable:
- To activate, dial **62*destination phone number*11#.
- To deactivate, dial ##62#
- To check your SIM status for this option, dial *#62#
Divert calls to another number when there’s no answer:
- Dial **61*destination phone number*11# to activate.
- Dial ##61# to deactivate this service.
- To check your divert status for this option, dial *#61#
Divert all calls to another phone number:
- Dial **21*destination phone number*11# to activate
- To cancel, dial ##21#
- To check your status for the above option dial *#21#
Replace destination phone number in all of the codes above with the phone number to which you wish to divert all calls to. Furthermore, ensure you dial the above codes only on the MTN line you wish to divert all calls from.
Important notice >> To cancel all Call Diverts you previously activated on your MTN line dial ##002# on that line.
MTN call divert charges
Although setting up call divert on your line is absolutely free, there are charges using the service may incur during your course of using it.
Fear not! The cost of call divert on MTN isn’t abnormally high. Generally, your SIM will be charged based on your current call rate to the destination phone number.
In other words, if your current call rate to MTN phone numbers is 11k / sec, then you will only have to pay that same amount for any call diverted to another MTN line.
Also, if you’re diverting to another network (say Glo…), you’ll be charged at your normal call rate to Glo numbers.
You must also take not that all charges shall be billed on the phone number you’re diverting calls from.