Here, you’ll discover all the requirements for registering for the Nigerian Air Force Direct Short Service Commissions (DSSC) and getting shortlisted.
The Nigerian Air Force is arguably the largest in the African continent; notwithstanding, there’s always a need to strengthen key areas within the military body.
As a result of that, people get recruited every year, in a bid to make up for the constant depletion in personnel due to retirement or other reasons.
However, to apply and get recruited, you need to meet up with several important requirements.
General requirements & Instructions for NAF DSSC
- All Applicants are required to possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of second class Upper division or HND with a minimum of Upper Credit.
- Applicants must be able to provide adequate proof of completion of service year or exemption, by providing either their NYSC Discharge Certificates or Letters of Exemption at the time of applying for the Nigerian Navy DSSC.
- Interested DSSC candidates must be able to present evidence of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria where applicable.
- Male applicants must not be below the height of 1.66 meters while female applicants must stand at a height below 1.63 meters.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 22 and 30 years while consultants can be aged between 22 and 35. Take note, however, that any certificate of age declaration issued earlier than 5 years to the recruitment exercise shall be declined.
- Falsification of documents shall be sternly dealt with; therefore, you must be able to provide adequate proof of the originality any document you present during registration.
- Bear in mind also, that the following documents are important and must be printed out after registration: Acknowledgment Card, Attestation Form, Local Government Indigeneship Form. Attestation Form for Serving Military Personnel (To be filled by Unit Commander).
- People qualified to sign your local Government attestation form include military personnel who hails from your state and isn’t below the rank of Wing Commander or its equivalent in the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Navy, Assistant police commissioner rank and above. Local Government Chairman/Secretary, Magistrates and Principals of government secondary schools.
- Also, you must be able to present your certificate proof of the Local Government you hail from.
- Finally, you must prepare photocopies of all documents and credentials, since you’ll have to submit them during the Zonal Enlistment Exercise and Interview.
If you’re not a Graduate, check out Nigerian Air Force Tradesmen/tradeswomen & non-tradesmen/women recruitment guide.
Requirements for specific departments in the NAF
Nigerian Air Force Engineering department applicants must have graduated with a BSc, BEng, BTech, or HND, and they must have studied any of the following courses:
- Software Engineering.
- Network Engineering.
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Satellite Communication Engineering.
- Satellite Control Engineering (Satellite Ground Station Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Aerospace & Aeronautical Engineering).
Remember, grades must not be less than 2nd Class Upper divisions for degree holders while HND holders must have graduated with Nothing less than an Upper Credit.
Nigerian Air Force Medical department applicants must have graduated with a BSc or HND, and must have studied any of the following medical-related courses:
- MBBS/ BDS.
- Dental Therapy.
- Health Information Management.
- Biomedical Engineering.
- Clinical Psychology.
- Environmental Health.
- Nutrition and Dietetics.
Nigerian Air Force Medical Consultants department applicants must have studied in the following institutions and/or fields:
- West Africa/National Postgraduate College in General Surgery.
- West Africa/National Postgraduate College in Cardiothorasic Surgery.
- West Africa/National Postgraduate College in Orthopaedics Surgery.
- West Africa/National Postgraduate College in Ophthalmology.
- West Africa/National Postgraduate College in Neurosurgery.
- West Africa/National Postgraduate College in Internal Medicine.
- West Africa/National Postgraduate College in Paediatrics.
- West Africa/National Postgraduate College in Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
- West Africa/National Postgraduate College in Anaesthesiology.
Nigerian Air Force Vet Met department applicants must have studied DVM Vet Medicine.
ICT & Sciences
Nigerian Air Force ICT & SCiences department applicants must have graduated with a BSc, BTech, or HND, and they must have studied any of the following courses:
- Database/Network Administration.
- Web Developing.
- Network & Cyber Security.
- IT Robotics.
- GIS/Remote Sensing.
- Satellite Image Analyst.
- Data Telecommunication.
- Cartography and Statistics/Record Analyst.
Nigerian Air Force Sports department applicants must have graduated with either a BSc or HND in the following courses:
- Physical & Health
- Health Education & Human Kinetics.
Nigerian Air Force Educational/Languages department applicants must have graduated with either a B.Sc, B.Art, B.Ed or HND in the following courses:
- French language.
- English language.
- Fine Arts.
- French language.
- German language.
- Russian language.
- Mandarin language.
- Arabic languages.
Nigerian Air Force Administration/Finance department applicants must have graduated with either a B.Sc, B.Art, or HND in the following courses:
- Mass Communication.
- Public Relations.
- Television and Film Production.
- Music/Instrument Technology.
- Purchasing and Supply.
- Business Management.
- Intelligence and Security Studies.
Nigerian Air Force Logistics department applicants must have graduated with either a B.Sc, B.Tech or HND in the following courses:
- Civil Engineering.
- Estate Surveyors.
- Quantity Surveyors.
- Land Surveyors.
- Structural Engineers.
- Services Engineers.
Nigerian Air Force Chaplaincy/Islamic Affairs department applicants must have graduated with either a B.Sc or HND in the following courses:
- Arabic & Islamic Studies.
Nigerian Air Force Legal Studies department applicants must have graduated with the following LLB qualifications:
- Criminal Law.
- Constitutional Law.
- Procurement Law.
- Land and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Law.
Also check these links to apply now: