Nigerian Prisons Service recruitment takes places almost every year; find out how, when & where to obtain forms for 2019 recruitment, official Nigerian prisons Service recruitment portal and registration requirements.
The Nigerian prison service (NPS) is an agency operated by the Federal Government of Nigeria, right from the headquarters in Abuja.
Currently, there are over 200 prisons in Nigeria that are in constant need of hiring new personnel.
Therefore, you need to always stay alert in order to never miss out on job opportunities.
Notice: The official registration portal has closed for now; however, reading this guide will help you know what to do and what to expect as soon as the Nigerian prison Service portal reopens for registration.
Nigerian Prisons Service recruitment general requirements
- Interested candidates must be able to present GCE O’Level, SSCE or equivalent certificates, with a minimum of five (5) credits (English compulsory) in not more than two (2) sittings or Trade Test Grade II. Certificates (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.)
- Applicants must be of Nigerian nationality by birth and must be able to provide adequate proof of nationality.
- All qualifications and certificates must tendered during application, because any one not presented and accepted during recruitment shall not be accepted after the recruitment.
- Applicants must be medically fit and be able to provide backing evidence/medical reports.
- Interested candidates must must not have been convicted of any criminal offences.
- Members of any Secret Society, Cults or Drug Addicts etc. are not permitted to apply
- Applicants must be between ages of 18 and 30 years
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.65m while female applicants must not be less than 1.60m.
- Male applicants must have a chest measurement not below 0.87m.
- Prior computer skills will provide a huge boost.
- Applicants must not be financially embarrassed.
In addition to all that, make sure to print out the Referee forms which must be duly completed for submission during screening Also, the Nigerian prison service permits only one application per candidate. Therefore, anyone who applies multiple time will automatically get disqualified.
How to apply to the Nigerian Prison Service
- Visit the official Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment Portal Using https://recruit.prisonsportal.com.ng/. Afterwards, click on the register link found there.
- Complete all the forms and upload all requirement documents.
- review information and submit application
- Download all the documents you’re provided with, which includes the Referee form.
Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment FAQs & Answers
When is NPS Recruiting for 2019?
Ans: There’s no set date at the moment for NPS recruitment. As soon as we receive an update, this page shall be updated to reflect all changes.
What is NPS 2019 recruitment deadline?
There’s no set date at the moment for NPS recruitment, so it’s impossible to state any deadline. However, registration is expected to last for more than one month, which is enough time for everyone really interested in applying.
How can I get latest information on NPS recruitment?
You can get the latest information concerning Nigerian Prison Service recruitment by visiting the official website or connecting with NaijaHomeBased on Facebook.
Important Notice: The Nigerian Prisons Service recruitment is completely free of charge, you don’t need to pay anyone any money to get jobs from the NPS. And please, do not leave sensitive contact information like phone numbers and address in the comment section of this post, since doing that will provide an avenue for scammers to contact you in the name of NaijaHomeBased or the Nigerian Prison Service (NPS) … Thanks.
Check out other recruitment opportunities:
- Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Recruitment
- Recruitment guide for Nigerian Army Direct Short Service & Short Service
- Nigerian Air Force Direct Short Service Recruitment
- Recruitment Guide for Nigeria Police Force
- Nigeria Civil Defence (NSCDC) recruitment
- Recruitment information for Nigeria Immigration Services (NIS)
- Federal Road Safety Commissions (FRSC) Recruitment