Omoni Oboli is a Nigerian actress and scriptwriter. In this article, You are going to discover interesting facts about Omoni Oboli; such as her birthday (age), career, net worth, awards, and several other facts.
In addition to being an actress, she is also a film director, digital filmmaker and producer.
Biography; early life & education
Omoni Oboli was born in Benin City, Edo State. However, she hails from Mosogar in Delta State. Omoni is the second and last child of her parents.
She had her primary education at the Delta Steel Company Primary School and attended the Delta Steel Company Technical High School for her secondary education.
Omoni graduated with a second class upper at the University of Benin, where she studied Foreign Languages — she majored in French.
She also attended the New York Film Academy, where she studied a course in digital film-making.
Birthday & age; how old is Omoni Oboli?
Omoni was born on the 22nd of April 1978. Hence, she is currently 42 years old.
If you are one of her fans, you might want to create some time to send her some good wishes on her special day.
Is Omoni Oboli married? Any kids?
This beautiful actress is married. As a matter of fact, her marriage is one of the best and most blossom among Nollywood actors.
She is married to Nnamdi Oboli, they got married on the 28th October 2000. on October 2020, they celebrated their 20 years marriage anniversary.
View this post on Instagram
Struggled with posting this today but I guess we all need some happiness 😊 It’s our 20th wedding anniversary! Don’t worry, even I too I’m shocked! How time flies! I was 21 when we had our court marriage on January 20th 2000. By our white wedding on Oct 28th, I had turned 22 and most people, even my dad felt I was too young. Thinking about it now, I could have made tte biggest mistake of my life but God gave me the best gift in @nnamdioboli ❤️ The best thing that ever happened to me is marrying you Nnamdi. You truly are the wind beneath my wings. Thank you for loving me unconditionally and for all the many sacrifices. I know I’m a coconut head girl most of the time but you love me through it all. I love you for eternity ❤️❤️❤️ May God keep you for me and our boys. We’ll celebrate soon! Can’t wait 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 God knows I need the distraction. Thanks for all the wishes guys. Love you all ❤️
The marriage has been blessed with three boys — Gozi Oboli, Chizi Oboli and Tobe Oboli.
Omoni started her movie career with her debut ‘Bitter Encounter’ In 1996.
After enjoying a brief career in 1996, Omoni took a break from the movie industry to complete her university education.
Omoni got married after graduating from the university. Thereafter, she took another break from the industry until 2006.
On her return, she produced her first movie in 2007. In 2014, she released her debut movie as a director.
Movies Omoni Oboli has featured in
Omoni has done well for herself in the movie industry and her acting skills have paved ways for her.
Being an actress and producer, Omoni has starred in over a 100 movies.
Here are some of Omoni Oboli movies:
- Bitter Encounter
- Not My Will
- Destined To Die
- Another Campus Tale
- Guilty Pleasures
- The Figurine
- Bursting Out
- Anchor Baby
- Bent Arrows
- Feathered Dreams
- Stolen Tomorrow
- 30 Days in Atlanta
- Brother’s Keeper
- Render to Ceaser
- Being Mrs Elliot
- As Crazy As It Gets
- Lunch Time Heroes
- The Duplex
- First Lady
- Code of Silence
- Of Bad Faith
- Wives on Strike
- Okafor’s Law
- Wedding Party 2
- The Women
- Wives on Strike: The Revolution
- My wife and I
- Wings of a Dove
- Moms at War
- Love is War
- Sugar Rush
Awards & nomination
Having acted several movies, Omoni has won lots of awards.
Here are some of the awards Omoni Oboli has been nominated for:
- Actor of the year nominee at the Future Africa Awards – 2010.
- Nominee for Best Actress in a leading role at the Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) – 2011.
- Best Actress in a Leading Role nominee at the Face 2 Face Africa Awards – 2014.
- Nominee for Best Actress in a Leading Role (English) at the Best of Nollywood Awards (BON) – 2014.
- Nominee at the Best of Nollywood (BON) Awards – 2016.
- She was also nominated for Best Actress (Nigeria) at the Ghana Naija Awards – 2018.
Here are some of the awards Omoni Oboli has won:
- Best Actress Narrative Feature at the Los Angeles Movie Awards – 2010.
- Omoni received an award for Best Actress at the Harlem International Film Festival – 2010.
- Big Screen Actress of the Year at the ELOY Awards – 2014.
- Sun Nollywood Personality of the Year – 2015.
- She also won Best Actress in a Leading Role (English) 2016.
Omoni has not Come out to state her exact worth so we can’t say for sure, how much she is worth.
However, we promise to provide you updates if she comes out to say anything regarding her net worth.
Other interesting facts about Omoni Oboli
- Omoni is the owner and brand ambassador of ageless by Omoni 3D mink lashes.
- She is one of the brand ambassadors of Pedini Nigeria.
- Nunu Milk endorsed Omoni Oboli as one of its brand ambassadors.
- She is also an ambassador of Royal Caribbean Nigeria.
Omoni established the Omoni Oboli foundation in April 2012. The foundation was created to meet the needs of the less privileged in the society.
On her 40th birthday, she established a feeding initiative known as – Sister Lizzy’s Kitchen, through the Omoni Oboli Foundation.
Sister Lizzy’s Kitchen which was named after her late mother was established to feed 500 children every week.
Here’s a summary of Omoni Oboli’s profile:
- Full name: Omoni Oboli
- Date of birth: 22nd of April 1978
- Age: 42 years old
- State of Origin: Delta state
- Marital status: Married
- Years active: 1996 till present
- Nationality: Nigerian