Keep reading to discover more about the departments/courses offered at the University of Abuja, popularly known as UniAbuja.
The University of Abuja is located in the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria, Abuja. The institution was founded on January 1st, 1988.
Ever since its inception, the institution has grown from strength to strength, and so has the number of courses on offer increased immensely.
If you are interested in studying at UniAbuja, or you are here for the sake of someone else, then it is highly important to know the courses you can apply for.
For a quick and easy understanding, we have grouped their various UniAbuja courses under their respective faculties & colleges.
List of UniAbuja courses based on their respective faculties
1. Faculty of Agriculture
- Agric Economics and Extension
- Animal Science
- Crop Science
- Soil Science
2. Faculty of Arts
UniAbuja has the following Art courses:
- English And Literary Studies
- Theater Arts
- Linguistics & African Languages
- History & Diplomatic Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Christian Studies
3. College of Health Sciences
The College of Health Sciences contains a total of 3 Faculties that provide a wide range of courses.
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Anatomical Sciences
- Human Physiology
- Department Of Medical Biochemistry
Faculty of Basic Clinical Sciences
- Chemical Pathology
- Pathology And Forensic Medicine
- Haematology & Blood Transfusion
- Medical Microbiology & Parasitology
- Pharmacology And Therapeutics
Faculty of Clinical Sciences
- Community Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Department Of Ophthalmology
- Department Of Psychiatry
4. Faculty of Education
The faculty of Education in the institution provides the following science courses:
- Agricultural Science
- Education in Arabic Studies
- Biology Education
- Education in Chemistry
- Christian Religious Studies Education
- Education in Economics
- English Education
- Geography Education
- History Education
- Islamic Religious Studies Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
- Administration & Planning Education
- Environmental Education
- Guidance and Counselling
- Integrated Science
- Primary Education Studies
- Social Studies
- Counselling and Science Education
- Education (Arts)
- Education (Science)
- Education (Social Science)
5. Faculty of Management Sciences
- Banking And Finance
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
6. Faculty of Engineering
The engineering courses offered in UniAbuja are:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
7. Faculty of Law
8. Faculty of Sciences
Here are the Science courses offered at UniAbuja:
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
9. Faculty of Social Sciences
The Social Science departments in the University of Abuja include the following:
- Political Science
10. Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Animal Health And Reproduction
- Veterinary Anatomy
- Vet. Parasitology And Entomology
- Vet. Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Vet. Physiology & Biochemistry
- Veterinary Pathology
- Veterinary Public Health & Prev. Medicine
- Veterinary Theriogenology
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Veterinary Teaching Hospital
Requirements for UniAbuja Admission
You must meet up with several general requirements in order to be considered for admission to study at the University of Abuja (UniAbuja).
In addition to the general requirements, some departments have specific requirements that every applicant must satisfy.
For example, a person who wants to study Medicine will not have the same requirements as a person who wishes to study Architecture.
In other words, even if the general requirement is a 5 credit pass in SSCE including Maths and English, subject combinations vary from course to course.
UTME cutoff marks & general requirements
Students who wish to gain admission through UTME to study at UniAbuja must have an SSCE result of at least five (5) credit passes in not more than two sittings. Furthermore, their JAMB UTME aggregate score must not be less than 180.
Direct Entry (DE) requirements
- To gain admission into the University of Abuja through Direct Entry, you must score at least five (5) credit passes in SSCE in not more than two sittings.
- You must possess a minimum of two advanced level passes in OND with a credit level or NCE with credit level.
Have any contributions to this article? Please reach us using our contact form.