In this guide, you’ll discover how to check ABU Zaria admission list to know your admission status.
ABU Zaria is one of the largest schools in Sub Saharan Africa, based on landmass. Every year thousands of applicants are offered admission into the institution to study under one of the 82 departments.
It is very important to check your Admission status online and begin your registration as soon as possible.
How to Check ABU Zaria Admission list
On the ABU official website:
- To check your admission status on ABU official website, visit
https://putme.abu.edu.ng/ on your phone or desktop browser.
- Enter your Jamb registration number or Application Form Number in the appropriate field.
- Click on the search button and wait for feedback.
You will either receive a message saying ‘congratulations, you have been offered provisional admission to study your course’ or a message saying ‘you have not been offered admission’.
On JAMB CAPS:
- To check your ABU Zaria admission status on JAMB CAPS, visit http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/ using your phone or desktop browser.
- Enter your JAMB username and password and click on login.
- Locate and click on ‘Check UTME / DE Admission Status’ tab.
- Select your Exam year and Enter your JAMB registration number in the appropriate space.
- Lastly, click on ‘Check Admission Status’.
What next after ABU offers you admission?
All successful candidates are strongly advised to upload their O’level results on the JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) portal and accept the offer of admission.
If you fail to do this within the stipulated time, it will result to automatic disqualification of your admission by the University.
After accepting your admission online, you must visit ABU Zaria convocation centre at the main campus to collect your admission letter.
Collection of admission letter takes place 9:00 am daily, throughout the stipulated date.
I can’t find my name on the list, what should I do?
Usually, the school releases the admission list in batches. In other words, there’s 1st, 2nd, VC list, and sometimes other supplementary lists follow.
We can’t give you specific dates when all the ABU admission list would be out. Most times, though, the official website announces it at the homepage when a new admission list is out.
If the institution has only released the first list and your name isn’t included, all you need to do is wait patiently till the institution releases the 2nd list.
However, if you’re sure the institution has released all the admission lists and you still can’t find your name, then you’ll have to register again for the next JAMB.