A Local media has reported on Monday, the death of a 60-year-old-woman who was taking part in a cake-eating competition.
It happened on the afternoon of Sunday, the 26th of January, 2020 in the state of Queensland, Australia.
The Paramedics were alerted to a pub where the victim had a seizure; after she had taken a good chunk of lamington into her mouth.
She was a contestant in the Beach House Hotel’s Annual Australia Day lamington and meat pie eating contest.
lamington is a small square Australian/Newzealand sponge cake dipped in chocolate and covered in grated coconut.
Although she was rushed to a hospital in the town of Hervey Bay;she later died according to reports by ABC.
In a Facebook post, the management and staff offered their “deepest condolences” to the woman’s friends and family.
“We acknowledge and thank our supportive patrons, staff, and the Queensland Ambulance Service for their prompt and professional response while this tragic incident was unfolding,” the post said.
“The hotel staff have been offered professional support while our thoughts firmly remain with the family at this challenging time.”
The police had said the death was not suspicious and as such a report would be prepared for the coroner.