Davido and Wizkid have each been nominated for several awards, some of which they have come out victorious. Here you’ll discover how many awards and nominations each of them has. And, as a result, you’ll discover who has more awards between Davido and Wizkid.
David Adeleke, popularly known by his stage name, Davido, is a multiple-award-winning singer from Nigeria.
Similarly, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun (Wizkid) has won several local and international awards. But it remains to be seen who has more awards between these two iconic singers.
Davido came into limelight in 2011, when he released his hit single, ‘Dami Duro’. The song received nationwide recognition and played a key role in earning him a lucrative endorsement deal with MTN Nigeria the following year.
Wizkid, on the other hand, released his first hit song in 2010 titled Holla at your boy. First impressions matter, they say. And clearly Wizkid took full advantage of his first impression.
The song brought him into fame and established is status as a standout performer in the Nigerian music industry.
Without a doubt, both singers have been hugely popular in the Nigerian musical scene. They’ve taken the Nigerian music industry by storm through their non-stop release of hit songs all year round.
They were also notably involved in a short-term feud, which they resolved in the middle parts of 2018.
Whether they be friends or not, it doesn’t stop fans from asking questions about who has more awards between them.
Obviously, rival fans always get stuck in a debate regarding such matters.
After reading this piece you’ll get a clearer picture on who has more awards between Wizkid and Davido.
At the moment, Wizkid has won the following awards:
- 2 BET Award
- 3 MOBO Award
- 8 Headies Award
- 2 Channel O Music Video Awards
- 6 Nigeria Entertainment Award
- 2 Ghana Music Awards
- 2 Dynamix All Youth Awards
- 3 Soundcity MVP Awards
- 3 Billboard Music Awards
- 2 IHeartRadio Music Awards
- 2 City People Entertainment Award, and
- 1 Future Award.
- 1 AFRIMA AWard.
In 2011, Wizkid won Dynamix All Youth Awards for Promising Artiste of the Year. His hit track holla at your boy also earned him a nomination for Artiste of the year.
In 2012, he was nominated for 13 honours and he ended up winning 6 of them — namely Musician of the Year (The Feature), Best International Act Africa (BET), Artist of the Year (Headies), and Hip Hop World Revelation of the Year (Headies).
In 2013, Wizkid was nominated 22 times and he ended up winning for of them, namely: Most Gifted Video of the Year (Channel O Music Video Awards), Best Group Video of the Year (4Syte TV Music Video Awards), African Artist of the Year (Ghana Music Awards), and Musician of the Year (City People Entertainment Awards).
In 2014, Wizkid got a total of 28 nominations and ended up winning only 2 of them, which include: Most Gifted Duo/Group or Featuring (2014 Channel O Music Video Awards), Hottest Single of the Year (2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards)
Wizkid got 25 nominations in 2015 and ended up winning 6, including Song of The Year & Best R&B/Pop Album (Headies), Hottest Single of The Year & Male Artist of the Year (Nigeria Entertainment Awards), and Best Video & Song of The Year (African Muzik Magazine Awards).
He was nominated 3 times in 2016 and won 2 times, including African Artist of the year (African Pride Awards), and African Artist of the Year (Ghana Music Awards).
He won 4 awards including 3 Africa Music Awards for Best West African Artiste, Artiste of the Year, & Song of the year; and Best International Act (MOBO Awards).
Artiste of the Year (Headies Awards).
- Song of the year for Fever (ARIMA Award)
- ‘Brown Skin Girl’ a song in which he featured in won the Ashford and Sampson Songwriters’ Award
In total, Wizkid has received 177 nominations and won 48 awards.
Read also: Wizkid net worth, Cars, Houses, & Assets.
Davido has won the following awards:
- 1 BEN TV Award for music video of the year – ‘Aye’
- 1 Kora Award (Best Newcomer)
- 1 Channel O Music Video Award (Most Gifted Newcomer Video of the Year)
- 1 Ghana Music Award (African Artiste Of The Year)
- 1 City people entertainment award (musician of the year – male)
- 1 MOBO Award
- 1 Future Africa Award
- 2 Dynamix All Youth Awards (Promising Youth Artiste and Song of the Year).
- 2 BET Awards (Best International Act: Africa)
- 2 Nigeria Music Video Award (Best Afro Pop Video and Best Video By A New Artiste)
- 2 MTV Africa Music Awards (Best Male and Artist of the Year)
- 2 MTV Europe Music Awards
- 2 African Muzik Magazine Awards (Best Male West Africa and Artist of the Year)
- 8 Headies Awards (Artiste of the Year, Song of the Year, Hip Hop World Revelation, Best R&B/Pop Album, and Next Rated)
- 7 Nigeria Entertainment Awards (Hottest Single of the Year, Male Artist of the Year, Best Collaboration, Best Pop/R&B Artiste of the Year, Hottest Single of the Year, Best New Act of the Year, and Best Collabo of the Year)
In summary, Davido has won for himself 34 awards from 87 nominations.
From the numbers we have up there, it is obvious that Wizkid has won more awards than Davido.
One point to note is that Wizkid started his musical career 1 year earlier than Davido. Nevertheless, we still give it up for our winner, Wizkid. He currently has more awards than Davido.
Note that we only took note of the major local and international music awards.