Buying the JAMB ePIN is one of the steps involved in registering for JAMB in 2020. In this guide, you’ll learn how to buy yours, and the list of accredited merchants nationwide.
You cannot register in any of the accredited CBT centres without first purchasing your ePIN.
How to buy JAMB 2020 ePIN
- First of all, send your full name by text (SMS) to 55019. The format must be: “Surname First-Name Middle Name (if any)]”. Your full name must not exceed 38 characters for the alphabets + 2 spaces between names = 40 characters in all to 55019. For example, text “Tinubu Adamu Odumegwu” to 55019.
- Afterwards, you’ll receive a profile code on the same telephone number you used in sending your full name to 55019.
- Visit any of the approved sellers to procure your ePIN. Those sellers will ask you to profile your profile code, which you must do. Because without the profile code, you can purchase the ePIN.
Pay attention>> Read our full JAMB 2020 registration guideline.
Where to buy 2020 JAMB ePIN
There are basically 7 places you can buy the ePIN. They include:
- NIPOST & Banks
- Mobile Money
- ATM Service Points
- JAMB Portal
- Nigerian Embassies
Depending on your preference, we’ll take you through how to go about each of them.
There are selected Banks, where it is sold. Visit any of the Banks below:
- Stanbic IBTC
Or the following Microfinance Banks:
- Trust MFB
- Zazzau MFB
- Obeledun MFB and
- Regent MFB
Alternatively, visit any post office near you, ensuring you go with your profile code. At the Bank or Post office, you can pay by Cash or Card. After making payments, you receive a message on your unique phone number containing your PIN.
This is available at State Offices of JAMB + CBT Centres, other POS outlets and any CBT Centre that demands it
Present Profile Code and pay by card. Your ePIN would be delivered to your unique telephone number afterwards.
Mobile Money centres
This is available at CBT Centres and Other approved Mobile Money Outlets. To purchase your ePIN at a Mobile Money centre, present Profile Code and pay by cash. Thereafter, JAMB will send the ePIN to your unique telephone number.
Here are the approved mobile money outlets:
- Packway Projects (Readycash) and
- Xpress payment solutions
This is available on all ATM outlets of Participating Banks we previously listed.
- Visit the bank ATM machine and insert your card
- Select Bill Payment and then pick JAMB
- Enter Profile Code and pay
- ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number
- Visit the JAMB official website: www.jamb.gov.ng
- Click purchase of 2020 Application Document
- Enter your Profile Code
- Select payment method (Interswitch, Remita, e-Transact, Unified Payment Solutions, Upper–link or Paga)
- Make payment
You’ll receive your ePIN afterwards.
Using USSD (ERCAS)
- Dial 5656*55019#
- Enter Profile Code
- Select the bank and follow the prompts to complete payment
After making payment, you’ll receive your ePIN in the form of a text message from JAMB.
How to purchase ePIN from a foreign country
The registration fee for candidates from the eight foreign countries you can get the form is $20 or the equivalent.
Candidates from the eight foreign countries are to download the Application from the Board’s website (www.jamb.gov.ng) complete and submit it with the fee at the eight designated centres as indicated on the website.
Foreign-based candidates can obtain the form at Nigerian Embassies in Abidjan, Accra, Addis Ababa, Beau, Cotonou, Jeddah, Johannesburg, and London.