Monalisa Chinda is a popular Nigerian actress. In this article, You are going to discover interesting facts about Monalisa Chinda, such as her birthday (age), career, net worth, awards, and several other facts.
In addition to being an actress, she is a film producer and television personality.
Early life & education
Monalisa Chinda was born in Port Harcourt, Rivers State to Ikwerre parents.
She is the first child out of six children in her family — two sons and four daughters.
She attended Army Children’s School GRA for Primary education and then went to Archdeacon Crowther Memorial Girls School, Elelenwo for her secondary education. Both in Port Harcourt, River State, Nigeria.
Birthday & age; how old is Monalisa Chinda?
Monalisa was born on 13th September 1974. Therefore, she is currently 46 years old.
If you are one of her fans, you might want to create some time to send her some good wishes on her special day.
Is Monalisa Chinda married? Any kids?
This beautiful actress was once marriage to Dejo Richards. Unfortunately, the five years old marriage ended in 2009 over allegations of domestic violence and abuse.
The couple had a daughter together, Tamar Chinda.
On February 20th, 2016, Monalisa Chinda got married to her second husband, Victor Tonye Coker.
The twosome has been together after she revealed she was carrying his baby.
Monalisa made her debut in 1996 in the movie titled ‘Pregnant Virgin’.
Immediately she graduated in 2000, she starred in a movie titled ‘Above the Law’.
Not long after, the gorgeous actress was all over the movie industry. In 2007, she rose to fame after she started appearing in the television soap opera, ‘Heaven’s Gate’.
In 2011, Monalisa made her debut as Executive Producer in the Royal Arts Academy movie titled ‘Kiss & Tell’.
Monalisa was among the first of four Nollywood actors to be featured on the cover of Hollywood Weekly Magazine in 2012.
In November 2014, she diverged out of acting and ready to debut her Talk Show titled “You & I with Monalisa”.
Movies Monalisa Chinda has featured in
Monalisa is no doubt one of the oldest and famous faces in the history of Nollywood.
She has featured in over 100 movies. She has also produced some movies. Here are some of her movies:
- Pregnant Virgin
- Royal Grandmother
- Sting 2
- Critical Truth
- Kiss and Tell
- Keeping my Man
- Anointed Liars
- Breaking Heart
- Without Goodbye
- Above the Law
- City of Angels
- Weekend Getaway
- Passionate Heart
- Memories of the Heart
- Lagos Cougars
- Spirit Love
- Passionate Heart
- Okon Lagos
- Games Men Play
- Nollywood Huslers
- Gossip Nation
- The Unthinkable
- The Therapist
- Evil Project
Awards & nomination
- She won the Best Actress, Afro Hollywood Award 2009 at the Monte Carlo Television Festival.
- 2010 she was nominated for a Best Actress in a drama series at the Terracotta TV and Film Awards.
- In 2011, Monalisa was crowned the Face of Port Harcourt – Carnival Queen, in her hometown of Rivers State.
As of the time of this writeup, there is no legit information online about her net worth.
But we promise to keep you posted if anything about her net worth pops up.
Other interesting facts about Monalisa Chinda
Here are some interesting facts about this stunning actress.
- She is a consultant with Royal Arts Academy, a media school recognized for breeding new talents, in acting, directing, and screenwriting.
- She also has a section known as Monalisa Code in the Saturday edition of The Sun Newspapers where she writes on social issues and relationships.
- Monalisa has also won over N100 million contract with Nigerian Telecommunication Giant, Glo, as the company’s brand ambassador.
- In 2011, she was crowned the Face of Port Harcourt during the annual Carnival in Rivers State.
- Furthermore, she graced the cover of the Genevieve magazine in May 2016.
Here’s a summary of Monalisa chinda’s profile:
- Full name: Monalisa Chinda
- Date of birth: 13th September 1974
- Age:46 years old.
- State of Origin: Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Marital status: Married
- Years active: 1996 till present
- Nationality: Nigerian