Want to apply for the Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commissions (DSSC) or Short Service Commissions (SSC) in 2019? If yes, then this guide will take you through all the steps you must follow.
The Nigerian Army recently opened its registration portal for Direct Short Service Commission and Short Service Commission; and obviously, several individuals all over Nigeria are interested in knowing how to complete their application forms online.
Note→ Registration portal has just opened; keep reading to learn how to apply.
There are several criteria and requirements for the successful completion of the application processes. Most of those requirements have to do with age, physique & sex.
Direct Short Service commissions (DSSC) is open to civilian graduates and recommended military personnel who would like to further or continue in their current career; while Short Service Combatant commission (SSC) applicants get recruited and trained to participate in combatant activities. In other words, SSC recruits get deployed to the combatant corps department such as infantry, artillery, etc.
Application requirement for Direct Short Service Commissions (DSSC):
Application into the Nigerian Army DSSC is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. However, only serving military personnel sponsored by any of the Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces to civil institutions shall be taken into consideration.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- You must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower or degree holders or Lower Credit for HND holders from any recognizable institution.
- All applicants must be of Nigerian nationality as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- You must be aged between 20 and 30 as a regular applicant or under 40 if you’re a medical applicant by January of the next year after application.
- Applicants must be mentally, medically and physically fit as per NA standards.
- You must be able to provide two referees who are recognizable in society and can attest to your character and integrity. It is good to provide highly placed individuals as your referees such as a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the armed force not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel & or Equivalent. You could also provide, as your referee, an assistant police commissioner and above who hails from your state.
- Candidates must present a letter of attestation from their former institutions.
- Your height must not be below 1.68 meters (male) or 1.65 meters (female).
- You mustn’t have prior criminal convictions of any sort by any court of law.
- Applicants must be able to present a valid birth certificate endorsed by the national population commission, hospital, local government cancel or court endorsed age declaration.
- All applicants must possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- To successfully complete your registration, you must present a valid NYSC discharge certificate or valid exemption letter as applied to you.
- Professional candidates must own professional qualifications from a duly registered and recognized body.
- All academic credentials must be obtained at dates no earlier than 2009.
- Applicants must not have any form of body inscriptions or tattoos.
- Certificate uploads from primary to post-secondary schools must be original copies only.
- All applicants serving in the military must present valid identity cards and letters of recommendation by their commanding officers/commanders. Also, they must present valid letters of NA sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions. Furthermore, they must have serviced their unit for a period of not less than 5 years.
- Members of secret cults, societies, fraternity or any of their equivalents are not allowed to take part in the application into the Direct Short Service Commissions of the Nigerian Army.
- Female applicants are encouraged to demand commission into specialist corps departments – which include medical, legal Service, supply and transport or army public relations.
Application requirements for Short Service Combatant Commissions (SSC)
To successfully complete your applications for the Short Service Combatant commissions (SSC) you must with all the application stated for Direct Short Service Commissions (DSC) aside from the key difference in requirement which is stated below:
- Candidate must be a male or female between the ages of 23 and 27 by January of the next year after application.
As noted from the requirements for applying into Direct Short Service Commissions (DSSC) and SSC, only age differentiates them. The age for application into DSSC is relatively higher compared to SSC.
How to apply for Nigerian Army Direct Short Service or Short Service Step-by-step
Step 1. Visit www.nigerianarmyms.ng and click on “apply online”.
Step 2. Read the instruction, and then click on ‘register’ (should be located at the top corner).
Step 3. Fill all the required details and choose the right application type as per your interest (DSSC or SSC). Afterward, you’ll get an email containing your login details.
Step 4. Visit www.nigerianarmyms.ng again and this time click on login.
Step 5. Complete all the forms once you’re logged in; making sure you fill in all asterisked areas – as they are deemed important.
Step 6. After completing all the aforementioned steps and completing your online application for either DSSC or SSC, the next step would be to print out all the documents you’re provided with.
Meanwhile, you’ll have to upload several documents including Passport photograph, educational certificates, evidence of membership of any professional body, certificate of state of origin, and birth certificate or age declaration.
Those are all the steps involved in applying for the Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commissions (DSSC) & Short Service Combatant (SSC) Commissions online.
Use the share buttons below to share with any of your friends who want to know how to apply to DSSC or SSC online.
You can also connect with us on our Facebook page to get our updates faster than anyone else.