Dakore Egbuson-Akande professionally known as Dakore Egbuson is a popular Nollywood actress. In this article, You are going to discover interesting facts about her, such as her birthday (age), career, net worth, awards, and several other facts.
In addition to being an actress, Dakore Egbuson is a television personality and a model.
Early life & education
Dakore was born in Lagos State. However, she hails from Bayelsa State.
Dakore is the first of ten children in her family.
She had her primary education at Corona Primary School, Gbagada, Lagos State.
Then she attended Federal Government College, in Bauchi State for her secondary education.
After her secondary education, Dakore went further to study Mass Communication at the University of Lagos.
Birthday & age; how old is Dakore Egbuson-Akande?
Dakore was born on the 14th of October 1978. So, she is currently 42 years old.
If you are one of her fans, you might want to create some time to send her some good wishes on her special day.
Is Dakore married? Any kid?
The beautiful actress is married to Olumide Akande, and their marriage has been blessed with two lovely daughters.
Some time back, there were rumours that she had divorced her husband.
However, a few days after the rumours emerged she and her husband celebrated their ten years marriage anniversary.
During her marriage anniversary celebration online, she used the opportunity to give a subtle reply which seemed like a refutal to the divorce rumors flying around.
In her words, “Best support system. Happy 10th Anniversary babe @_o.lou ❤❤❤”Sadly once they realize hating isn’t working they start telling lies” #Psalm35 🦅🌟 #shametobadpeople🤣🤣🤣😎.
Dakore started her acting career in 1999.
In September 2019, she appeared as a vital feature in the Visual Collaborative electronic catalogue, in an issue themed Vivencias which translates to “Experiences” in Spanish.
She was featured alongside 30 people from around the world such as Desdamona, Kelli Ali and Adelaide Damoah.
Dakore has featured in over 100 movies which includes
- Peace of Flesh
- Men do Cry
- Emotional Crack
- Shattered Illusion
- When the Going gets Tough
- Hole in the Heart
- Silent Tears
- 11 days & 11 Nights
- Operation KTP
- Silent Tears
- Emotional Cry
- Caught in the Middle
- Journey to Self
- Lunch Time Heroes
- Chief Daddy
- New Money
- The Set Up
Dakore has not come out to state her exact net worth.
So, we can’t say how much she is worth due to varying information online.
However, we promise to keep you posted if she comes out to say anything regarding this.
Awards & nomination
Over the years, Mrs Akande has bagged several awards for her efforts in the entertainment industry.
Here are some of her Awards
- Best New Actress at the Reel Awards – 2004.
- Reel Awards named her Best Supporting Actress – 2004.
- Best Actress at the NEA Awards – 2006.
- City People Movie Award for Face of Nollywood (English) nominee – 2014.
- City People Movie Award for Best Actress of the Year (English) nominee – 2016.
- Nigeria Entertainment Award for Best Actress – 2018.
- Also, in the Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role – 2018.
Here are some of her nominations
Nominated at Eloy Awards for the Brand Ambassador of the Year (Pampers) – 2014.
Dakore Egbuson-Akande was also nominated for Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role – 2016.
Other interesting fact of Dakore Egbuson-Akande
- Dakore Akande is one of the Brand Ambassadors of MTN Nigeria.
- She is also an ambassador of Nestle Nigeria.
- Amstel Malta endorsed Dakore as one of its ambassadors.
- Dakore was once an ambassador of Pampers Nigeria.
- She is an ambassador of Amnesty International.
- Owing to her affection for humanity, Dakore is also an ambassador of Oxfam America.
Here’s a summary of Dakore Akande’s profile:
- Full name: Dakore Omobola Egbuson Akande
- Date of birth: 14th of October 1978.
- Age: 42 years old.
- State of Origin: Bayelsa state
- Marital status: Married (two children)
- Years active: 1999 till present
- Nationality: Nigerian