This article provides a list of all the departments/courses offered at the University of Ibadan, popularly known as UI.
The University of Ibadan is situated in Oyo State, which is located in the south-western region of Nigeria.
The institution is by year of creation the oldest university in Nigeria, as it was founded 1948, even before Nigeria gained her independence.
If you want to apply to the institution, or you are here for the sake of someone else, then you must, first of all, know the courses available there.
Colleges & Faculties in UI & their courses
The University of Ibadan is made up of 9 Faculties and a College of Medicine. In addition, it has a post-graduate school. However, in this article, we’ll only cover the undergraduate programmes offered at the University of Ibadan.
Agriculture & Forestry
The following 3 courses are offered under the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry in UI.
- Fisheries and Wildlife Management
- Forestry Resources Management
Courses offered under the faculty of Arts in UI are:
- Arabic Language & Literature
- Islamic Studies
- Archaeology (with options in Archaeology with History, Archaeology with Classics, and Archaeology with Religious Studies.
- Religious Studies
- Communication & Language Arts
- Linguistics and African Studies (options in Linguistics, Yoruba and Igbo)
- English Language & Literature
- European Studies (options in French, Russian, and German)
- Theatre Arts
College of Medicine
The College of Medicine courses at University of Ibadan are:
- Medicine & Surgery
- Human Nutrition
- Nursing Science
- Veterinary Medicine
The following Engineering and Technology courses are available in UI:
- Agricultural & Environmental Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Production Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Food Technology
- Wood Products Engineering
Under social sciences, you can apply for the following courses:
- Political Science
- Adult Education
- Educational Management
- Teacher Education (options in Arts, Social Sciences, Science courses and Pre-Primary Education)
- Special Education
- Human Kinetics
- Health Education
- Guidance & Counselling
- Library Studies
The science courses offered at the University of Ibadan are:
- Archaeology Single Honours, or Archaeology combined with Geology, Geography, Zoology or Botany.
- Industrial Chemistry
- Computer Science
Requirements for UI Admission
In order to be considered for admission to study at the University of Ibadan (UI). In addition, you must meet up with a few departmental requirements.
UTME General requirements
To gain admission to the University of Ibadan through UTME, you must score at least five (5) credit passes at Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) in not more than two sittings.
Furthermore, you must get a JAMB UTME aggregate that’s less than 200; however, some departments may require an even higher JAMB score.
- Those 5 credit passes in SSCE must include English Language and Mathematics.
- You must meet all the specific departmental requirements, including the SSCE subject combination and minimum UTME aggregate score. Please check your JAMB brochure for more information on that.
- Finally, it is compulsory to register and take part in the UI Post UTME screening exercise.
Direct Entry (DE) requirements
- To gain admission into the University of Ibadan through Direct Entry, you must possess at least five (5) credit passes in SSCE.
- Additionally, you must possess at least two advanced level passes in OND with credit level; or NCE, also with credit level.
Have any contributions or corrections? Please reach us using our contact form.