Keep reading to learn how you can easily generate a UBA OTP to complete your transaction.
The United Bank For Africa, popularly known as UBA, is one of the biggest banks in Nigeria, with a presence in several African countries.
If you intend to perform large transactions (transfers, bills payment) on your UBA account, you may have to provide a One-Time Password.
That One-Time Password is there to protect your account from hackers, online thefts, and fraudsters.
By default, when you’re performing large cash transactions or online purchases, UBA will automatically generate an OTP and send it your email address and registered phone number.
In the event that you didn’t receive any message, maybe due to a bad network, then you have to manually request for a One Time Password.
How to get UBA OTP
To generate a UBA OTP using USSD:
- Dial *919# on your registered line, then enter 8 for ‘Next’ and send.
- Again enter ‘6’ for Next and send.
- Enter 1 for ‘Generate OTP’ and send.
- Copy the OTP and use it wherever you need it.
Important points to note
- In most cases, the code will expire in 10 minutes, so you have to use it as soon as possible.
- You must never share the OTP with anyone; doing that puts your account at risk.
- You accomplish the task using a phone number you have registered with your UBA account. Trying from a non-registered number will amount to no result.