Right here, we’ll talk about Tonto Dikeh’s biography, Birthday (age), net worth, career so far, and other interesting facts.
Tonto Charity Dikeh, or simply Tonto Dikeh, is a Nigerian actress and singer. She is one of the most talked-about Nigerian celebrities. The movie star also goes by the nicknames Poko, Tontolet, and Mama King
We know most Tonto Dikeh’s fans will be interested in knowing more about her, and so we have taken out to dig into her profile and provide you with all the information you seek.
As far as the Nigerian movie industry is concerned, Tontolet is one of the most controversial actresses. But this does not out shadow the fact that this actress is highly talented.
Tonto Dikeh’s Birthday (Age)
Tonto Dikeh is currently 36. She was born on 9th June 1985 in Rivers state. So, if you are one of her fans always do well to reach out to her on her birthdays.
Tonto Dikeh’s state of origin
Tonto Dikeh is an Ikwerre woman from Rivers state, Obio Akpor Local Government Area. She was born in Port Harcourt, Rivers state.
Early Life and education
Tonto Dikeh is the third child out of five children, she and four other siblings. She was born into the family of Mr. Sunny Dike and late Mrs. Veronica Dike. Sadly, she lost her biological mother when she was just three (3) years old.
Her father remarried years later and was blessed with two more children
She had both her primary and secondary school education in Port Harcourt, Rivers state. Thereafter, she attended the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, where she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in petrochemical engineering.
She got married to Oladunni Churchill in a traditional wedding ceremony, held in August 2015. And they both have a son, Andre Omodayo Churchill.
But they are currently divorced. And they’ve been making the headlines once in a while since the divorce. An indication that both parties have yet to get over the painful split.
To know more about Tonto Dikeh’s family…
How Tonto Dikeh Entered the Nigerian Movie Industry
This beautiful actress emerged into the Nigerian movie industry after winning a TV talent hunt show in 2005 titled “The Next Movie Star”
After winning this TV reality show, she became quite famous in Nigeria. Featuring in over 150 movies.
Asides from acting, this beautiful musician is known to have released a few songs. Although, some people may say she doesn’t have a nice voice; but still, she has some songs to her name.
Tonto Dikeh is an ambassador for the National Agency for Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP).
She was the first Nollywood actress to ever partner with NAPTIP. And after a courtesy visit to the organization, Tonto was automatically named an ambassador.
She has a good number of endorsement deals to name, the most recent of these endorsements is a 100 million naira deal which she signed with Zikel cosmetics.
The deal was signed on May 23rd, 2019, making her the first Nigerian celebrity to be paid such a huge amount of money for being a makeup brand ambassador.
As of 2018, Tonto Dikeh revealed on social media that she is a brand ambassador for a beauty and skincare brand – Pels International.
Tonto Dike’s Net worth
Despite all the controversies hovering around this actress, one cannot mention the top richest actresses in Nollywood without mentioning Tonto.
She is one of the most talented in Nollywood and as a result, she is one of the highest-paid and according to various reports, she is worth roughly $500,000 (US dollars).
Other interesting facts about Tonto Dikeh…
- It was not a hidden fact that Tonto used to smoke. An act she started when she was just 14. However, the actress said she no longer smokes, as a result of having prayers with Pastor T.B Joshua.
- According to NaijaGists, Tontolet admitted to bleaching her skin to become fairer because she loves to be fair. However, she made it clear that it is important to go about bleaching one’s skin in a healthy way so as to avoid health implications.
- But besides bleaching her skin, the actress admits that she is a fan of tattoos, this is evident from the big tattoo she has on her back. The tattoo generated controversy, as many Nigerians believe it has a link to Illuminati.
- She featured in a controversial movie “dirty Secret” seeing that the movie was based on a true-life story and she happened to meet with the girl who inspired the movie production.
- The beautiful actress has a Charity Foundation known as the Tonto Dikeh Foundation. According to her, the foundation aims at supporting molested women and motherless babies in society.
- She admitted that at some point in her life, she had thought of committing suicide, sad right!… in any case, she took to her twitter account to embolden people to cultivate the habit of talking to God about their problems.
- Tonto was the first Nollywood actress to partner with NAPTIP in fighting the scourge of human trafficking, and she was automatically named an Ambassador for NAPTIP
Read also: Tonto Dikeh lists of songs and movies so far
- Full name: Tonto Charity Dikeh
- Date of birth: 9th June 1985
- Age: 36
- State of Origin: Rivers state
- Net worth: Roughly $500,000 (US)
- Marital status: Divorced
- Children: one son, Andre Omodayo Churchill
- Years active: 2006 till present
- Nationality: Nigerian.