In this article, you’ll discover how to apply to the Nigerian Air Force Direct Short Service 2020 via the official registration portal.
The NAF Direct Short Service Commissions (DSSC) provides an avenue for eligible candidates, interested in a career in the military, to register and become part of Africa’s largest Air Force.
With over 10,000 personnel and a fleet of several fighter jets at its disposal, the Nigerian Air Force is in no way and at no point looking back in its quest to become one of the greatest in the world.
Applying to the DSSC programme and getting shortlisted would be a dream come true for several aspiring youths within Nigeria.
However, there are certain criteria that must be met before you stand a chance of getting recruited by the NAF.
Note: This guide is targeted at degree & HND holders. If you currently have a lower qualification, check out the current recruitment status for other departments in the Nigerian Air Force.
Nigerian Air Force DSSC general requirements
- First and foremost, applicants must be of Nigerian nationality either by birth or nationalization and must be able to provide adequate backing evidence.
- Secondly, all interested candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree Certificate with a minimum of second class Upper division or Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Upper Credit.
- Also, applicants must be able to present either their NYSC Discharge Certificates or Letter of Exemption from NYSC, as applied to them.
- Applicants with professional certificates must be able to present evidence of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria where applicable.
- Male applicants must stand at a height of 1.66 meters of above while female applicants must not be less than 1.63 meters tall.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 22 and 30 by 30 September 2020 (22-35 for Consultants). Any age declaration done earlier than 5 years to this exercise will not be acceptable.
Above all, applicants must desist from falsification of any document or information, since all proved-guilty individuals shall be strictly dealt with.
How to apply for Nigerian Air Force DSSC
- Visit the official registration portal using: nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng/
- Click on the register now button found in the registration homepage; afterwards, you’ll be present with two options, just go ahead and select DSSC — since that what you’re interested in registering for.
- Complete all the forms you’re provided with and upload all necessary documents.
- Review your application before clicking on the submit button, because it will be virtually impossible to effect any change after submission.
- Submit your application and print out the following highly important documents: Acknowledgment Card, Attestation Form, Local Government Indigene Form, and/or Attestation Form for Serving Military Personnel (to be filled by Unit Commander).
Nigerian Air Force DSSC 2020 FAQs & Answers
How can I get the registration form for NAF DSSC 2020?
Everything is done strictly online. To put it differently, there are no physical stores where the forms are sold.
How much does the Nigerian Air Force DSSC Form cost?
Ans: Registration is completely FREE. Therefore, you don’t need to pay anyone a dime to obtain any form.
When will the registration commence?
Ans: The registration for NAF Direct Short Service Commissions (DSSC) will commence during the latter parts of 2020.
What is the registration closing date?
We do not know the closing date yet since registration has not commenced; however, we are sure the registration would last for more than one month when it starts.
How can I stay updated on the latest Nigerian Air Force recruitment news?
You can stay updated by visiting NaijaHomeBased regularly or by connecting with us on Facebook since we always share most of the important updates there.
That’s all for now concerning Nigerian Air Force Direct Short Service Commissions (DSSC) recruitment for 2020.
Check out other on-going military recruitment and apply, in order to boost your chances of getting a job: