There are two ways to check the University of Maiduguri admission list; you can either use the official website of the institution or the JAMB CAPS.
The University of Maiduguri was created by the federal government of Nigeria in 1975 and is located in Maiduguri, the capital city of Borno State. It one of the oldest universities in Nigeria.
The institution receives thousands of applications every year from students who wish to study any of the numerous courses available there.
If you’re among those that applied this year, then I’m sure you’re eager to check your admission status.
Both JAMB UTME and Direct Entry (DE) applicants can follow the steps below.
Checking UNIMAID admission list
Time needed: 5 minutes.
To check if you have been offered provisional admission at the University of Maiduguri, follow the steps below:
- Visit the official undergraduate portal of UNIMAID.
The official undergraduate website of the institution is www.unimaid.edu.ng/undergraduate.html. You can browse it using your mobile phone or computer.
- Click on the link to check 1st, 2nd or 3rd batch.
Depending on the list you’re interested in checking, links are provided for all the batches within the post feed of the website. Click on the UTME admission list for your year or scroll to click on the Direct Entry admission list.
- Browse through the list to search for your name. - Advertisement -
In most cases, the list contains thousands of names, which makes it very difficult to peruse. Therefore, if you’re using a computer pres CTR + F and type your name. This way, searching through the list becomes easier
How to check your UNIMAID admission status on JAMB CAPS
Personally, I prefer this method you’ll not need to browse through a seemingly endless list of names.
To check if you have been offered provisional admission by the University of Maiduguri on CAPS:
Step 1. visit http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/ using a computer or smartphone device.
Step 2. Enter your JAMB username and password, then click on login.
Step 3. Click on ‘Check UTME/DE Admission Status’.
Step 4. Select your exam year and enter your JAMB registration number.
Step 5. Click on ‘Check Admission Status’.
Thereafter, you’ll see a notification telling you whether or not you have gained admission into UNIMAID.
What to do after the University of Maiduguri offers you admission
- Login to your JAMB CAPS account to accept or reject the admission. But to do this, you must first of all upload your O’level result on the caps. If you haven’t, see how to upload O’level on CAPS.
- Thereafter, you must visit the UNIMAID website to Pay your Acceptance Fee. Print the Invoice or copy the RRR and visit any bank near you and request to make payment for the University of Maiduguri acceptance fee using Remita.
Can’t find your name?
Make sure you keep visiting the official website or the JAMB portal until the admission process is over since the University of Maiduguri releases its admission lists in batches.