Nigeria Police recruitment takes place every year and therefore presents a huge job opportunity for unemployed youths. Follow this guide to apply to the Nigeria Police Force this 2020.
Founded in 1930, the Nigeria Police Force is the principal law enforcement agency in Nigeria with as much as 371,800 police officers. According to the federal government, there are currently plans to increase the force to 650,000. Therefore, over 280,000 new recruits will be added to the existing 370,000.
In 2019, President Muhammadu Buhari approved the recruitment of 10,000 police personnel on an annual basis as part of moves to motivate and enhance the manpower of the Nigeria Police Force.
Bearing this in mind, all interested candidates must put their ears on the ground, so as to never miss out on this glorious opportunity.
However, there are several requirements which you must satisfy. After reading this guide, you’ll know if you truly qualify to apply to the Nigeria Police Force (NPF).
In addition, we’ll show you the official portal and the steps you must follow to successfully apply.
Note: The Nigeria Police recruitment of constables for constables has commenced on the official portal. Constables is identical to regular recruits for other armed forces. In other words, this exercise targets O’Level holders
- All Candidates must be of Nigerian Nationality by birth and possess adequate proof [provide a National Identification Number (NIN)].
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 25 years.
- Interested individuals must have an O’Level certificate with at least 5 credit passes, including Mathematics & English Language compulsorily. Result combination must not exceed two sittings, and must be either WASSCE, GCE, NECO or NABTEB.
- Applicants must have history of good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offence.
- Interested applicants must not be shorter than 1.67 metres (men) or 1.64 metres (women).
- All male applicants must have an expanded chest Measurement not less than 86 cm (34 inches).
- Applicants must not be pregnant at the time of Recruitment.
- All prospective candidates must be stable financially. That is, they must be free from any pecuniary embarrassment.
- To complete your application, you must download and fill the Guarantors’ Form.
- You must provide sureties who are not below the following status: Traditional Rulers, Magistrate, Local Government Chairman, Heads of Educational Institutions attended, Career Civil Servant not below the rank of Grade Level 12, Police Officer not below the rank of CSP, or Military Officer not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
- Possession of a valid National Drivers’ License is an added advantage.
In addition to all the requirements above, candidates must not suffer from any of the following deformities:
- Speech Impediment
- Knock Knees
- Bow Legs
- Bent Knees
- Flat Feet
- Deformed Hands
- Bodily Scars
- Defective Eyesight
- Squint Eyes
- Amputated parts of the body
- Gross Malformation of teeth
- Protruding Navel.
Finally, all candidates must be able to present medical reports that prove they are in a healthy condition.
Nigeria Police Recruitment: How to apply on the official Portal
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit the official Nigeria Police Force recruitment portal using http://www.policerecruitment.gov.ng/
- Click on the ‘apply now’ button you find on the homepage.
- Fill all the forms, ensuring you provide only correct and authentic information.
- Review all the information you entered and submit your application.
- Print out all the forms the portal provides you with.
Candidates must not use the same email and/or phone number more than once in this application. Only one application per candidate is allowed. Therefore, candidates with multiple applications would be disqualified.
Frequently asked questions & Answers
When will NPF 2020 recruitment start?
Application for constables in the Nigeria police force is currently ongoing. Follow the steps above to complete your registration.
When is Nigeria Police 2020 recruitment closing date?
The Police announced that the online application will be opened for a period of 6 weeks, from the 14th of July to the 23rd of August, 2020.
Is Nigeria police recruitment form free?
According to Police spokesperson, Frank Mba, registering online is absolutely free. In other words, you don’t have to pay a dime. However, if you complete your application at a cyber cafe, you’ll most likely need to pay for the service fee at the cafe. But you must have it in mind that you’re not to pay any dime for Nigeria Police recruitment form.
Finally notice: please do not leave sensitive information in the comment section of this post, as it will provide a means for scammers to contact you.
- Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Recruitment
- Recruitment guide for Nigerian Army Direct Short Service & Short Service
- Nigerian Air Force Direct Short Service Recruitment
- Recruitment Guide for Nigerian Prisons Services (NPS)
- Nigeria Civil Defence (NSCDC) recruitment
- Recruitment information for Nigeria Immigration Services (NIS)
- Federal Road Safety Commissions (FRSC) Recruitment
Hilarious: How Nigeria Police recruits train.