With Sterling Bank recharge code, you can top-up your line or the lines of your friends and family without stress. In this guide you’ll discover how to use this simple short code properly.
Before Sterling Bank introduced the recharge USSD codes, customers had to visit ATMs or download the Sterling Bank mobile app to be able to recharge from their accounts.
Needless to say, using a simple USSD code to recharge from your account is easier and faster than using ATMs or the mobile app.
But before you start, you need to first of all register for the USSD service by dialing *822*1*NUBAN# using the phone number linked to your account and following the on-screen instructions.
How to top-up airtime using Sterling Bank Recharge code
- To recharge for yourself, dial *822*AMOUNT# (e.g *833*200#).
- To recharge for someone else or a number not linked to your Sterling bank account, dial *822*AMOUNT*MOBILE NO# (e.g *822*200*08012345678#).
- After dialing any of the above codes, enter your USSD banking PIN or the last 4 digits of your ATM card number to confirm your transaction.
Afterwards, you’ll receive a debit alert from Sterling bank and a message from recipients network provider confirming the top-up via VTU.
Recharge charges & limits
Using Sterling bank recharge code is absolutely free. Which means, you don’t pay any other fee aside from your exact amount you want recharge.
You can recharge a maximum of 20,000 naira airtime daily and per transaction. If you wish to increase this daily limit, visit any Sterling bank branch near you or contact customer care online.
Other points to note about Sterling Bank recharge code
- Recharging from Sterling account is not reversible, therefore you must be very careful before confirming transactions. Also, you must make sure your recipient’s number is correct before confirming their recharge.
- You can use this code on all mobile phone types, including android, iOS, Blackberry, Java and more, as long as it supports USSD operations.
- You can top-up MTN, GLO, 9Mobile, and Airtel lines.
- The recharge amount is deducted right from your Sterling bank account main balance.
- Using Sterling Bank recharge code doesn’t demand internet connection; however, you must have a strong-enough network signal on your mobile device.
- You can load credit on your phone at any time of the day, including public holidays and weekends.
- Union Bank Recharge Code: How to load airtime for yourself and others.
- How to download and register Sterling Bank mobile application.
- Sterling Bank transfer code: How to send money to any bank account in Nigeria
- Heritage Bank recharge code: send money using your phone.
- Zenith Bank recharge code: How to load airtime from your account.
- List of all the CBN-approved banks in Nigeria